7 Reasons to Hire a Professional Mouse Exterminator Company
In the Pacific Northwest, mice can be much more than a nuisance. These little invaders can be detrimental to your health as they can contaminate food, countertops, and other items in your home. If you see evidence of a mouse in your home, should you call a professional mouse exterminator for mice control?
The answer is yes! Getting rid of rodents on your own can be hard or even dangerous if not handled properly. A professional mouse removal company is always the best option for getting rid of these unwanted guests.
Why Hire Professionals for Mice Control in Seattle?
Mice control professionals are specifically trained to deal with the difficulties and threats presented by these rodents. Successfully removing a mouse infestation is more involved than you would think. (Spoiler alert: for an example of a thorough solution, read about our unique 4-step mouse removal process.) A professional mice exterminator will work with you to make an effective plan for helping to control your infestation. This plan will take in to account your home's particular needs.
Here are 7 reasons why choosing a professional mice exterminator makes the most sense:
1. Knowledge and training on whether to use traps or baits, as well as knowledge of where to place them, is important for effective mice control.
How do you know the best places to put mouse traps? Should you use bait or not? What kind of trap would work best? Mice control professionals have trained specifically to understand mouse infestations and behavior. Your exterminator can place traps in the most effective locations to help eradicate mice.
2. Mice populations tend to be much larger than the isolated individuals you actually see.
Most often, you won't see mice around your home. Instead, you will find evidence of an infestation near their food or nest. Seeing a mouse in the daytime can be evidence of an extremely large infestation!
Mice breed prolifically. A mouse is able to start breeding when it is just 30 days old. Each female can have a litter of 5-6 young every 30 days. Their young can start having young of their own in just 30 days. Just like cockroaches, the population of mice can be much larger than what you might think. A professional mouse exterminator knows where these rodents live and breed, so they will be able to effectively remove all mice from your home.
3. Mice control professionals have the knowledge and equipment needed to address mice infestations.
Mice control exterminators have experience with safely eliminating mice populations from your home. Eastside Exterminators has been protecting families in the greater Seattle area since 1969! By hiring our licensed technicians for mice removal, you won't have to worry about buying respirators, disposable coveralls, ladders, exclusion tools and equipment, traps, bait stations, and more. Our professionals have the equipment to get the job done right and solve your problem in the safest, most efficient way possible.
4. Finding and sealing all the entry points that allow mice into your home requires a thorough inspection by a trained professional in mice behavior.
Keeping mice out of your home is called "mice exclusion." It is a very detailed and thorough process to go through each nook and cranny, every tiny little corner, every spot where the roof angles come together, each vent and confluence of your foundation and crawl space, to find all possible "entry points" (places where mice or other rodents can get inside the home). Each entry point must be plugged, sealed, and fortified against future mouse activity. There are lots of effective materials to use against the incoming mice, like metal flashing, 1/4-inch wire mesh screen, steel wool or copper cloth, and expandable foam insulation. Mouse exterminators know where to look and what to use to solve the problem.
5. Mice control exterminators are trained in the use of sanitary equipment — gloves, masks, respirators, and other protective gear — that should be used when cleaning-up mice-infested areas.
It is extremely important to protect yourself from the biological hazards that mice present (see the Center for Disease Control website). Mouse control exterminators have the right equipment to get the job done safely, without risking your health and the health of your family. Hire a knowledgeable mouse control professional to handle the job the right way the first time!
6. Mice control specialists will safely access parts of your house that you might not want to go in to, like attics, crawl spaces, and roof areas.
Save yourself the trouble of squeezing into dirty, dust-filled, tight quarters. Professional mouse control companies have trained technicians who will go through those hidden areas of your home's structure that you might wish to avoid. Some of these places where mice tend to thrive are even dangerous for humans to access and require special equipment to ensure safety. Trust your mouse exterminator to have the right gear to get the job done safely.
7. Pest management professionals like our mice inspection specialists will be able to spot signs of other nuisances or infestations.
When you crawl around in the world of mice long enough, you find that they share space with other home invaders like spiders, ants, cockroaches, stinging insects, and much more. Your professional technician can warn you about other possible infestations. Then they will help start a long-term solution to other pest problems that you don't realize are threatening your home and family.
Why Mice Should Be Removed
Apart from being destructive pests and prolific breeders, many mice are carriers of harmful pathogens that can spread disease. Both direct and indirect contact with mice, including their droppings and urine, can put humans and pets at risk.
Signs of Mouse Damage in the Home
Though mice like to live in close proximity to humans, these furry little invaders are still wild animals. As such, they can engage in behaviors that can be annoying, damaging, and challenging to prevent. For example, mice frequently:
- Gnaw on and scratch household items, including furniture, books, clothing, carpets, and more.
- Contaminate food items, linens, clothing, and surface areas of the home with their urine and droppings.
- Scavenge food and gnaw through food storage containers in cabinets and pantry areas.
- Eat from pet bowls and chew through pet food boxes and bags.
- Gnaw on electrical wiring, which can cause appliance failures or spark a fire.
- Chew through insulation in walls and attics
- Make nests in walls, attics, and air ducts, creating unpleasant odors that can fill adjacent rooms.
Call the Professionals for Mice Control in Seattle!
If you're in the Seattle area and noticing signs of mouse damage, give Eastside a call at 425-482-2100 for professional mice control. Our services are comprehensive, meaning we provide a free inspection, perform exclusion repairs, remove the mice, and provide sanitation services—all so you and your family are completely safe from mice and their bacteria. Our mice exterminators and the entire Eastside team are here to help you feel comfortable in your home again!